[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: [Openlayers-Users] Map data popups on Google overlays

Adrià Mercader amercader.dev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 06:39:13 EST 2010

Hi again,
I'm forwarding this thread to the dev list.
I've located the property that causes the popups to appear in the last
version of the Google Maps API.
If the disableDefaultUI property of the google.maps.Map options is set
to true, the popup appears:
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/browser/trunk/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Layer/Google/v3.js#L89

2010/12/17 Adrià Mercader <amercader.dev at gmail.com>:
> It is something related to a change in the version of the underlying
> Google Maps version. You can check it on Firebug
> (google.maps.version).
> The current version ("3.3.4a") loads the popup, but if you switch to
> the previous one, the popup disappears:
>
> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?v=3.2&sensor=false"></script>
>
> This loads the 3.2.11 version.
>
> Note than on production environments you should always request a
> non-development version of the API, as explained here:
> http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/basics.html#Versioning
>
> Having said that, is obvious that this should be addressed on the
> OpenLayers side. Maybe it is too early to know the fix, but maybe you
> can define some option when creating the Google Maps object to prevent
> the popups.
>
> Adrià
>

> On 17 December 2010 10:51, jrom <jerome.gasperi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi James,
>>
>> A quick fix : move the 'olLayerGoogleCopyright' class somewhere outside the map.
>> For example add this in a css :
>> .olLayerGoogleCopyright {
>>    top:-1000px;
>> }
>>
>> Best regards
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:04 AM, james croft <james.r.croft at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I know this might not be directly an OpenLayers question but I'm not seeing
>>> it anywhere else.
>>> I have started getting map data popups whenever I use a Google layer via
>>> openlayers.  The same thing is happening on the Google overlay example
>>> at http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/
>>> Any idea why this has started happening and how I can prevent the popup?
>>>  There is already a copyright notice on the map saying who provides the map
>>> data.
>>> Thanks
>>> James

--