[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature stops click event propagation

ydumais ydumais at korem.com
Tue Feb 9 10:06:22 EST 2010

Hi,
we are using a custom Control.DrawFeature like so:

    var polygonLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Polygon Layer");
    this.map.addLayers([this.baseLayer, polygonLayer]);
    var selectControl = new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(polygonLayer,
OpenLayers.Handler.Point, {handlerOptions: {}});
    this.map.addControl(selectControl);

and the following Control.Click:

Navigator.Control = {};
Navigator.Control.Click = OpenLayers.Class(OpenLayers.Control, {
    defaultHandlerOptions: {'single': true, 'double': false,
'pixelTolerance': 0, 'stopSingle': false, 'stopDouble': false},

    initialize: function(instance) {
        this.instance = instance;
        this.handlerOptions =
OpenLayers.Util.extend({},this.defaultHandlerOptions);
        OpenLayers.Control.prototype.initialize.apply(this, arguments);
        this.handler = new OpenLayers.Handler.Click(this, {
            'click': this.trigger
        }, this.handlerOptions);
    },

    trigger: function(event) {
        var me = this;
        console.log(event.altKey);
    }
});

The issue is that the trigger is not fired when the Draw control is active
(works fine otherwise). Is there a way to send the trigger to the map?

To put in context, we are creating a select control that forwards the drawn
polygon to our mapping server (serving a WMS layer in this case). The
selection is done server side... I believe we can't use the
Control.SelectFeature with multipleSelect option since our OL map layers is
not aware of the different features.

If I can't forward the event to the map, I contemplate creating double
controls (one with a handler with keyMask.MOD_NONE and one with a handler
keyMask.MOD_ALT) but I find this hack rather clunky.

Any help appreciated.