[OpenLayers-Dev] feature label enhancement
domi-g at gmx.at
Wed Feb 10 05:29:48 EST 2010
I'd like to do some label enhancement for vector features. I want the label to follow the feature shape (e.g. see http://www.svgbasics.com/text2.html )
It shouldn't be that hard by using SVG & VML. However, since this means some changes in the Renderers - and I'm not so familiar with the whole existing implementations - I need some ideas & help for creating a concept:
- using SVG, a textpath needs a <path> element. In SVG i could link the text to the path element (using the xlink:href attribute), but currently only Polygon and Curve geometries are using <path> node types. And I'm not sure if VML allows links.
The better way will be to create a separate path element for the text/label, using the feature's geometry (--> this means changes to the drawText methods in the Renderers)
- maybe some additional style attributes for the label have to be added.
- Who knows something about Canvas? Is it possible to implement curved text like in SVG & VML?
Where or which component decides what to use (besides of IE->VML, Firefox->SVG)
- Rotating labels comes for free by rotating the vector feature. Does it make sense to create an extra Label/Text class for placing just labels (e.g. if I want to place just a text, not a feature with a label attribute)
- Did I forget something essential? Sees anyone bigger blockades for the programming of this?
Any ideas and suggestions are welcome!
Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3.5 -
sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser
More information about the Dev