[OpenLayers-Dev] Get lat/lon from user click?

smartini nabble at stevemartin.org.uk
Fri Feb 12 12:16:29 EST 2010

I'd like to extend the original poster's question a little with a further
constraint:

Trapping the click and getting lon/lat - no problem. However, I'd like to be
able to do this while drawing on a vector layer.
It appears that once drawing has started, the click event no longer fires or
at least isn't being handled by the handler as defined in the solution to
this original post. The myriad of events available to the layer don't appear
to contain what I need either.
Ideally, there would be a 'vertexadded' event that I could use as this is
specifically what I'm looking to trap.

Just to describe the scenario: I want to grab the xy each time a point is
plotted, convert to lon/lat and then map.setCenter() on this new point so
that I can plot a line without worrying about being able to see the whole
terrain that I want to plot on all at once.

Cheers,
Steve