[OpenLayers-Dev] Metadata inside a JSON

Matt Priour mpriour at kestrelcomputer.com
Tue Jul 20 14:36:55 EDT 2010

Toni,
I am assuming you are using an OpenLayers.Layer.Vector layer with an HTTP protocol.
You need to add a listener for 'beforefeaturesadded' event on the layer.
The original JSON should be cached in the event object as well as the parsed features.
You want to apply the layer configuration metadata properities to the layer in the 'beforefeaturesadded' event handler.
be sure to use 'beforefeaturesadded' with the plural featureS rather than the 'beforefeatureadded' event with the singular feature
The plural features event runs once before any features are added from each response, while the singular feature runs before each individual feature is added and the original JSON response will NOT be available. Also that is not a good place/time to be changing layer properties anyway.

Matt Priour
Kestrel Computer Consulting