[OpenLayers-Dev] Layer.WFS StyleMap?

christopher.schmidt at Nokia.com christopher.schmidt at Nokia.com
Tue Jul 27 21:17:48 EDT 2010

On Jul 27, 2010, at 7:02 PM, ext Tim Schaub wrote:

> Hey-
>
> The OpenLayers.Layer.WFS layer cannot be used with a style map.

Really? Huh. It seems like it should be able to; Tile.WFS calls
layer.addFeatures, which goes directly to the Layer.Vector
addFeatures, so far as I can tell, and that seems to call
drawFeature, which uses the StyleMap; the format (at least for
GML) doesn't seem to set feature.style properties, so I'm
not sure why StyleMaps wouldn't work?

(Note that whether it does or not is not relevant to whether
it's the right solution; it's not. But sometimes it is easier
to use; specifically, it doesn't require you to know the
geometry name in the backend in order to formulate the request
correctly, and can be easier to debug...)

-- Chris