[OpenLayers-Dev] Renderer question: eraseGeometry function

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at osgis.nl
Fri Jun 18 08:45:41 EDT 2010

Hi list,

currently Renderer::eraseGeometry is not given the featureId, while it is known in the calling function. Is there any specific reason for this? All other functions, like drawGeometry do get the featureId.

In my custom Renderer I needed to create a lookup between the geometry id and the feature id, just like in the Canvas renderer, but this seems like overkill to me.

Why not also pass the featureId to eraseGeometry, so no lookup is needed?

See also:
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2693

TIA.

Best regards,