[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers 3.0 IRC Meeting summary

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Fri Jun 25 07:44:46 EDT 2010

On Jun 25, 2010, at 4:57 AM, ext Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:

> Not sure about the IRC logs.
>
> Widgets means things like controls, right.
>
> Github right now is just to facilitate the 3.0 development process.
>
> Trac, Wiki etc. won't be moved. I am sure svn will stay available.

Correct. Long term, I feel (and an insufficient number of developers disagree ;))
that SVN is the right development mechanism for OpenLayers. However, 3.0
is going to be a time of 'rapid change' by comparison to the past, and as such,
we want to use the tools which facilite rapidly changing the code by many
developers, as opposed to carefully managing the code to ensure quality.

-- Chris

> Best regards,
> Bart
>
>> is there a log for this irc anywhere? I couldn't find one
>>
>> what does 'widgets' mean here? the controls?
>>
>> if moving to github, does that also apply to trac, wiki, etc?

Nokia