[OpenLayers-Dev] update for OL 2.9

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Tue Mar 23 18:01:20 EDT 2010

Eric Lemoine wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 23, 2010,  <bartvde at osgis.nl> wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> currently we have 2 open tickets in the 2.9 milestone, my goal is to have
>> these ones closed today if possible:
>>
>> A Layer.Vector test which broke for IE, I've updated the ticket with a new
>> patch updating the testcase as suggested by Tim, please review:
>>
>> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2465
>>
>> The rewrite of initResolutions by elemoine, and looked at by Tim, but no
>> commit as yet:
>> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2427
>>
>> Question: do we want to defer the 2.9 release for this?
>>
>> And then there is a ticket in the 2.10 milestone ready for commit, which
>> could go into 2.9 if it is committed today:
>>
>> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2542
>
> Bart, I'll take a look at 2465 and 2542 as soon as I get to the office.
>
> For 2427 if Tim isn't confortable with having it in 2.9 we can move it to 2.10.

Hope this wasn't seen as just me holding things up.

I appreciate your efforts on initResolutions Eric.  I really think this
needs attention.  It is a particularly fragile area of the code however.
  I just added additional tests to #2427.  I'd be interested in
continuing to flesh out those tests to really nail down what
initResolutions is supposed to do.  Currently (without your rewrite), 12
of those tests fail (and it is easy to come up with more that also
fail).  With the rewrite, 27 of those tests fail.

If there is a particularly egregious case that currently fails, it might
be good to settle on a simple fix (though I know the 2.9 train is
leaving the station).

Tim

--
Tim Schaub