[OpenLayers-Dev] sponsorship contact info

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Mon May 3 19:43:05 EDT 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 7:09 PM, ext Tim Schaub wrote:

> Hey-
>
> Our sponsorship page (http://www.openlayers.org/sponsorship/) links to
> what I think is an outdated email for Chris.  Though I imagine he's
> still receiving messages there, I wonder if it would be more appropriate
> to list the PSC mailing address.
>
> It could be that that address (psc@) is moderated, and this would result
> in messages going to the same place (crschmidt@), but at least it puts
> us in a position to raise our bus number.
>
> Chris, would you be opposed to the change?

Having them sent to the PSC list, which never gets moderated, would be a problem :)

The PSC list gets about 200 spam emails a day; I abandoned fixing the queue a long time ago. (A couple other people -- Erik included, I believe -- get the 'you have moderated messages' messages daily, but I don't think any of us do anything about them.)

I think that a new email address is fine, and fixing this is one of many things on my list of "To fix" as part of the pending migration from MetaCarta hardware to something that we can maintain as a community -- something that I expect to be working on more rigorously in the coming weeks.

Most likely, the best solution is going to be to deal with this situation as part of a move toe OSGeo; I'll still be getting email at the MetaCarta email address for the near future, at least until after we get other things handled/taken care of.

In the meantime, I'd suggest not having them go to the PSC email address.

-- Chris