[OpenLayers-Dev] Cluster strategy activation

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Thu May 20 17:46:59 EDT 2010

strk wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 09:54:50AM +0200, strk wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I noticed that the Cluster strategy activation does nothing
>> clustering only happens when you add features _after_ the control is
>> activated.
>>
>> Sound reasonable, but the strategy can't be activated until the layer
>> is placed on the map, so this makes it impossible to have a workflow like
>> this:
>>
>> 	1. Create layer with cluster strategy
>> 	2. Add features to layer
>> 	3. Add layer to the map (triggers activation)
>>
>> Does it make sense for the Cluster.activate to instead perform
>> the initial clustering when the layer already contains feature ?

So what does `strategy.activate(); strategy.deactivate();
strategy.activate()` do?

If activate clusters, then does deactivate uncluster?

I haven't checked out the attached diff, but these are immediate
questions that come to mind.  Drop a link to a ticket if you've opened one.

Thanks,
Tim

> Attached is a patch doing that, for review.
>
> It's not on trac cause I dont not remember the account password
> and can't find a "remind me" button on http://trac.openlayers.org/register.
>

> --strk;
>
>   ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
>   /\   http://strk.keybit.net/services.html

Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org