[OpenLayers-Dev] Antialias Pixelization Artifacts

Gajera Tejas tejas.gajera at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 19:54:35 EST 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to render 16-bit or 8-bit grayscale images with OpenLayers map.
The images in the map are rendered with some shocking artifacts which I
believe is due to some bad antialias pixelization (as expalin in the figure
3 of this link (Section "Step 3: Formats with a Raster Layer" ):
http://geoserver.org/display/GEOSDOC/5+Optimizing+WMS+output)

Is there any way to get rid of those bad artifacts or any OpenLayers
parameters I have to set to preserve the quality of my images?

Thanks in advance.

Tejas