[OpenLayers-Dev] Using OpenLayers.Format.Text to load user data into vector layer

Lopes, Jose (AAFC-AAC) Jose.Lopes at AGR.GC.CA
Fri Nov 19 09:31:01 EST 2010

Hi,

We have an app that uses MapServer with Ext JS as library and add WMS
vector layers to our base map.

To load vector layers from user provided files we use GeoJSON format
with an http response of contentType  text/html and it works fine...

To add GPS data I added the GPX format that reads file content from an
http response of contentType text/xml and it works fine...

I want to be able to read csv or txt files with POI GPS data and tried
to use the Text format with an http response of  contentType text/plain
but the response object created by OpenLayers when parsing the http
response is empty (o result has only one field: o.resultObj which is
undefined ).

I tried other contentTypes for the response but nothing works.  I can
see that the file content is parsed by Ext.js callback but not loaded by
OpenLayers (for text/html response type it enters in an infinite loop
with wrappedFn and cp calls in EXT JS lib).

Don't know where to look anymore, any tips will be welcome.

Thanks,

JL