[OpenLayers-Dev] Control.Panel: main-<div> and handling of mousedown-events

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Tue Nov 30 03:49:46 EST 2010

Hi list,

currently mousedowns/clicks that happen directliy on the <div> of a
Control.Panel are not being stopped but are being sent e.g. to the map
the panel-divs lies over.

This might be useful in some setups, in mine it isn't. I was wondering
whether we should make it configurable to have the panel <div> stop the
mousedown event or whether this even can be considered a bug.

What do you think?

I wanted to discuss this first before opening a ticket. The attached
patch fixes my personal issue, but stops mousedowns on the
Control.Panel-<div> in any case, e.g. it is not configurable via a
config-option. It'd be easy to wrap that in a conditional, of course.

Thanks for any response and regards,

Marc

BTW: how would you test (speaking of unit-tests) that the new behaviour
does what it is supposed to do? Is there documentation on how to test
eventhandling and simulating e.g. clicks? Which testfile can I use to
learn from source?