[OpenLayers-Dev] WFS without proxy

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Nov 30 16:56:14 EST 2010

> This is not particularly useful for cross-domain requests though -
> unless the service returns JSON padded with a callback.
>
> E.g.
>
> http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/wfs?VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetFeature&TYPENAME=tiger:poi&MAXFEATURES=1&OUTPUTFORMAT=json&FORMAT_OPTIONS=callback:foo
>

> Using syntax like the request above, you can dynamically inject
> scripts into your page that load features cross-origin.
That looks exceedingly useful to me! I use script injection a lot to get
around local file restrictions in Chrome and cross-site access. How
would go about building that into OL as alternative to POST for wfs
getfeature queries?

--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232