[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud rendering problem

kngai kevin.ngai at ec.gc.ca
Fri Oct 8 19:56:15 EDT 2010

I noticed this problem too ever since 2.10 release. I'm not sure what your
rendering problem is, but in my case:
-I have markers (OpenLayers.Marker) on the map
-a FramedCloud popup would show on mouseover of the marker
-Issue: The popup shows but is off location. That is, the pointer of the
framed cloud doesn't point to the marker. It points about 100px
left/right/up/down of where the marker is. Additionally, when I have more
than 1 marker on the map (each with a mouseover event), the popups are
anchored on the same location of the map. Sometimes the issue fixes itself
when I re-mouseover but that doesn't always happen.

Here is a sample snippet of my code:
var myMarker=new OpenLayers.Marker(myLatLonCoord,new
OpenLayers.Icon('../share/images/marker.png',myMarkerSize,myMarkerOffset));

myMarker.events.register('mouseover',markerForecast, function(evt) {
   myPopup = new
OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud("popupPointClick",myLatLonCoord,new
OpenLayers.Size(100,100),myPopupContent,myMarker.icon,false,null);
  map.addPopup(myPopup);
  myPopup.show();
});

markerLayer.addMarker(myMarker);

I noticed that your post is about 3 weeks ago. Do you or somebody have a
solution/quick fix?

Kevin