[OpenLayers-Dev] We can have two forms for the constructor 2.x, thinking 3.0?

Xavier Mamano (jorix) xavier.mamano at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 11:26:59 EDT 2010

Hi list,

I saw the http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/522#comment:5 posted by
tschaub who choose to have two forms of the constructor in 2.x one with the
actual arguments and another with only one: the options.  I thought the same
thing working with some controls (Scale and Permalink) with optional
arguments.

I prepared the #2832 and #2833 tickets to discriminate the two forms of
constructor. In this case is more complex because the first parameter can be
string or HTMLDivElement. These two tickets are closed as invalid.

Prepare constructors 3.0 in 2.x seem right to me, what is opinion on this?

Regards,

Xavier Mamano