[OpenLayers-Dev] Transition Status

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Wed Sep 1 18:50:04 EDT 2010

On Sep 1, 2010, at 6:35 PM, ext Tim Schaub wrote:

> On 9/1/10 3:26 PM, christopher.schmidt at nokia.com wrote:
>> I think I've just shifted to the OSGeo mailing lists server.
>>

> Thanks!

NP.

So, right now:

 * openlayers.org has moved. It is now hosted on the OSGeo 'projects'
   server, and access is available to people who are interested.
   (The website, being entirely maintained from a cronjob out of SVN,
   doesn't require much maintenance, but tschaub and ahocevar both have
   access to the server now, rather than just me. a win for bus numbers!)

 * The OpenLayers blog content has also been migrated. I have not done extensive
   testing, and at some point, we could probalby use an upgrade from Wordpress
   2.0 to something newer.

 * 'dev at openlayers.org' is now 'openlayers-dev at lists.osgeo.org';
    archives are at:
     http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/openlayers-dev/

 * 'users at openlayers.org' is now 'openlayers-users at lists.osgeo.org';
    archives are at:
     http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/openlayers-users/

 * I will set up redirects from openlayers.org/pipermail/ to
   lists.osgeo.org/pipermail either tonight or tomorrow

 * The remaining lists (psc, commits, trac) will be moved tomorrow
   as well

 * SVN and Trac will be moving tomorrow.

 * I have changed all of the references in the code to "MetaCarta"
   to something else: this includes:
    * labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0 changing to
      vmap0.tiles.osgeo.org/wms/vmap0

    * labs.metacarta.com/wms-c/Basic.py changing to
      tilecache.

    * "Copyright MetaCarta" changed to "Copyright OpenLayers Contributors"

 * I will be doing a new RC tomorrow with the updated references
   for both copyright and the examples.

As far as I know, this release will have no more references to MetaCarta
explicitly anywhere in the source code.

-- Chris