[OpenLayers-Dev] FOSS4G Code Sprint

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Fri Sep 10 14:30:14 EDT 2010

Hey Matt,

sorry for not replying earlier - to both this mail and the one where you asked about participation in the Breakout Session.

Things have really been busy here at FOSS4G, and I'm catching up on e-mail only now that everything is over.

Regarding the breakout session, I took some note on the OSGeo wiki, which got lost unfortunately due to a session timeout when I was trying to save them. We discussed ideas about OpenLayers 3.0 a bit, most of which were also covered by Tim's talk on Thursday (http://presentations.opengeo.org/2010_FOSS4G/ol_future/).

At the beginning of the code sprint, Tim gave an introduction in using git and GitHub. This is also documented: http://openlayers.github.com/openlayers/guides/git/forking.html

There was also some ticket activity, and core developers answered lots of questions of users and helped them with their applications.

Regards,
Andreas.

On Sep 9, 2010, at 18:24 , Matt Priour wrote:

> Any chance of participating in FOSS4G code sprint this year for remote people?
> Matt Priour
> Kestrel Computer Consutling

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/