[OpenLayers-Dev] exceptions in images

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon Apr 18 11:25:43 EDT 2011

Hey-

By default, our WMS layer requests that exception reports be returned as
images.  In cases where a caching service is set up between the
OpenLayers client and the rendering WMS, this means that user errors are
cached (the cache has no way to distinguish map images from exception
images).

This is a very minor change in the library.  In applications where a
layer is improperly configured, the results is pink tiles instead of
exception reports burned into the image.  This shouldn't affect working
applications.  It should, however, make it so caches aren't being
littered with exception reports in images.

I would be interested in seeing this fix in 2.11.  Anybody else have
opinions?

http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/3261

Tim

--