[OpenLayers-Dev] Problems with WMS.Post + singleTile + sld_body

Carlos Lacerda carlos.lacerda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 09:22:11 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I´m user OpenLayers with Geoserver in my projects to render eletrical networks.
It´s fine for my purposes, but now a found a problem to use singleTile
with dynamical SLD´s

Explaining....

Initially  use WMS.Post to create a layer and send a dynamic SLD using
sld_body parameter

var trafo = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.Post("Transformadores", wmsServer,{
            layers: 'axx:TRAFO_PERDAS',
            cql_filter:"mes_ref='201102'";
            styles: '',
    srs: 'EPSG:4326',
    format: 'image/png',
    transparent: true,
    sld_body: sldTrafo.getSLD(),//JS with SLD, its a large SLD
        }, {
            'opacity': 1,
            'isBaseLayer': false,
            'wrapDateLine': false,
            buffer: 0,
            //singleTile:true
        });
This layer works fine but have the know problem of  TextSymbolizer
label near tile edges.

All right, i add parameter 'singleTile:true' to solve the problem and
the same solve the problem but have a issue, when zoom or pan the map
the old image is not distroyed, when pan or zoom new image is created
correct but old image before created not disapears creating impression
of a overlay in map, an example if a have an area with five elements
when zoom this area the five elements is duplicated to ten elements,
if my SLD chage simbols depending of a scale for example the old
images are displayed like a overlay.
It´s necessary some parameter to solve this problem ?

I´m using IE8.

Reading documentation about WMS.POST deprecated, i try use Layer.WMS
using tileOptions: {maxGetUrlLength: 2048}  without success, using
this method only small SLDs runs.
How should i use this parameter ??

When use large SLD with this parameter the folowing error is throw by IE:

Message: Invalid Pointer

Line 156
Character: 49
Code: 0