[OpenLayers-Dev] 2.10 and 2.11-RC1 OpenLayers.Class behavior changes

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Mon Aug 1 16:54:55 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Andreas Hocevar <ahocevar at opengeo.org> wrote:
> Hi Didier,
>
> not sure if you've seen my follow-up mail. You need to re-assign the protoype after the snippet I posted. So the whole snippet would be:
>
> var X= OpenLayers.Class({
>   initialize:function() { this._p= "A.initialize";
> OpenLayers.Console.info(this._p); },
>   pa:"PA",
>   p_:null,
>   ma:function() { OpenLayers.Console.info("A.ma="+this.pa); }
> });
> xProto = X.prototype;
> xProto.initialize = function() { this.p_= "A.initialize-new";
> OpenLayers.Console.info(this.p_); }
> X = xProto.initialize;
> X.proto = xProto;

Is setting xProto.initialize mandatory? How about this little simplification:

var proto = X.prototype;
X = function() { /* new ctor */ };
X.prototype = proto;

?

I guess the same simplification should apply to Andreas' OverloadB snippet.

Cheers,

PS: BTW, I agree there's no regression here :-)

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS
Savoie Technolac, BP 352