[OpenLayers-Dev] trace along feature

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Sun Aug 7 23:24:43 EDT 2011

This looks cool Gagan.

I think something like this would make a great addition to our editing
tools.  We'd need to have some discussion about where to put the linear
referencing functions, as I know there is already concern about the size
of our geometry classes.

I'm seeing some unhandled errors about an object not having a distanceTo
method.  If you could address these and create a patch, opening a ticket
would be a good next step.

http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/HowToContribute

Tim

On 8/4/11 11:54 PM, Gagan Bansal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In one of my project there is requirement of tracing of feature along
> another feature while drawing a new feature. I have written control for this
> (Trace). There are are some issues for that i need suggestion.
> Here is the working example -
> http://geometricnet.sourceforge.net/examples/trace.html
> code for trace control -
> http://geometricnet.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geometricnet/tags/rev192/lib/GeometricNet/Control/Trace.js
>
> - for the Trace control I am taking input as Snapping object, instead of
> extending the Snapping class, what could be the best way.
> - here I require some Linear Referencing functions so written those
> functions. Are LRS functions available in OpenLayers
> (http://geometricnet.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geometricnet/tags/rev192/lib/GeometricNet/Util.js)
> - I have made slight modification in Snapping control - snap event returns
> the snapped Feature also. Here is the diff (
> http://geometricnet.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geometricnet/tags/rev192/lib/OpenLayers.patch?revision=193&view=markup)
> - Is this control can be part of the OpenLayers?  In case yes, how can I
> contribute it.
>
> Regards,
> Gagan

Tim Schaub