[OpenLayers-Dev] help

ourahou amine infolcop at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:24:06 EST 2011

Hello,

I’m trying to connect Openlayers and geoserver ,i have a problem to get
feature from wfs ,so when I request wfs with http request I get the response
in gml 3.1.1 format so the request is executed successfully ,but when I use
openlayers to get wfs layers as vector layers  :

var Index1v = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Index1 v", {

    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],

        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({

            version: "1.0.0",

            url: "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs",

            featureType: "cite:fir",

                                               geometryName : "the_geom",

            featureNS: "http://www.opengeospatial.net/cite"

        }),

                               projection : new
OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326")

});

I’m trying to use the proxy file  given with openlayers but nothing is
happened.

So I ‘m trying to change all the parameters in OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS and
anything happened so I'm stuck at this level.

I can't figure out why it fails. Any idea? many thanks for replying.