[OpenLayers-Dev] mobile sprint prep

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Jan 27 13:45:29 EST 2011

All,

I'm sure there are folks already thinking like this, but I just wanted to make sure that HTML5 and CSS3 are looked at hard for making things that will be compatible.  There are some interesting capabilities there already.  Lot's of new and potentially very interesting products to come out of all this.

bobb

>>> Tim Schaub <tschaub at opengeo.org> wrote:

Hi

As you may already know a code sprint on mobile development will take
place in Lausanne Switzerland from feb 21 to feb 25 [1].

Lots of people have shown interest in mobile support in OpenLayers, and
interesting discussions already occurred on the mailing lists [2].

This email aims to encourage further discussions on the topic, to get
ideas and directions for the code sprint. Everyone is invited to create
and participate in discussions. This is a rather new topic so any idea,
experience to share, or code to show, can benefit the code sprint and
the OpenLayers project.

Tickets and patches have recently been created [3]. These patches maybe
a starting point for the sprint, so now is probably a good time to
provide comments and feedback on them.

A page has been created on the OpenLayers wiki [4]. This is where we'll
be collecting information regarding the sprint content. Feel free to
edit it, and add information you deem useful.

We're looking forward to discussions.

Thanks.

[1] <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Lausanne_Code_Sprint_2011>
[2]