[OpenLayers-Dev] Tile error image

Tobias Reinicke ramotswa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:00:48 EDT 2011

Hello,
I hope this is the right place to post this, feel free to ignore me /
shoo me away to the depths of the internet to find the solutions. But:
Is there anyway to remove the "broken file" image when a tile is not
found using a wmts layer?
I have tried the normal approaches by setting:

OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadErrorColor = "transparent";

and also in CSS

.olImageLoadError
{
background-color: transparent !important;
}

And this works well to remove the pinkness. However, I still get the
broken image icon
(http://help.juno.com/images/techsupport/broken_link.gif - where the x
appears in IE and the other one in other browsers.)

Is there a way to get rid of those?
I'm thinking it's a system thing, but I don't know how it could be overriden.

Kind Regards,

Toby