[OpenLayers-Dev] DragPan control prevents default browser behavior on mouse down

Avia Aharon avia at waze.com
Wed Jun 8 11:02:34 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm using an Openlayers map on a page with several text input elements. The problem is that clicking the map does not blur the text input elements.
I've looked into this and it turns out that the Drag handler (used by the DragPan control) prevents the default browser behavior on mousedown events, it calls OpenLayers.Event.stop(evt) which stops even bubbling and calls evt.preventDefault.

Canceling the evt.preventDefault call solves my problem while stil preserving the original DragPan functionality. Why is calling evt.preventDefault necessary here?

Thanks,
Avia Aharon