[OpenLayers-Dev] Offline Tiles for OpenLayers -reading MbTiles offline in OpenLayers?

Mike mswope at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 17:50:50 EDT 2011

File size is one - the OS treats the database as one file rather than many
small files. This is nice esp if you have the 4k sector. Another is that
it's much easier to move/copy a single file around rather than a folder of
files. I would love to use a mbtile database locally or on a regular file
server which I can't configure. Not to mention it would upload much faster
to a remote server.