[OpenLayers-Dev] android browsers, pan and select controls

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Mar 3 08:25:05 EST 2011

List,

I'm trying out OpenLayers/PhoneGap on my Android Phone.

Internally it uses the native Android Browser, and I have troubles with
selecting features.

Setting this page on a webserver and trying it out on my phone using:
native browser, opera, firefox I find:

1) opera running/selecting fine as long as the touchnavigation control
is not used.
2) firefox: touchnavigation not working, selection is working
3) android browser: selection is working sometimes but behaves strange,
touchnavigation is working

I set up a simple test on a machine here:
http://83.161.239.58/test/

I will try to figure out more, but maybe other people can test this, Eg
is is working on different iphone browsers?

Maybe there are better ways to use selectcontrols?

Please let me know if I can help of there is more info.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

ps I'm off now, sorry for not reacting immediatly (you guys are all so
fast normally ...)