[OpenLayers-Dev] script protocol for cross origin requests

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Tue Mar 8 11:27:19 EST 2011

Hey-

Following what I think was our agreement about the default filter
serialization for the HTTP protocol needing a more general name (than
MapFishFilterSerializer), I committed a SimpleFilterSerializer script.

http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/changeset/11673/trunk/openlayers

With an additional test from Volker, I've updated the patch for the new
Script protocol.  This allows cross-origin feature requests from
services that return padded JSON.

http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/tschaub/xdomain/examples/cross-origin.html

The ticket is ready for review if anyone is willing:

http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2956

Thanks,
Tim

--