[OpenLayers-Dev] script protocol for cross origin requests

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 14:00:18 EST 2011

On 03/08/2011 09:24 AM, Eric Lemoine wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 8, 2011, Tim Schaub <tschaub at opengeo.org> wrote:
>> Hey-
>>
>> Following what I think was our agreement about the default filter serialization for the HTTP protocol needing a more general name (than MapFishFilterSerializer), I committed a SimpleFilterSerializer script.
>

> When we discussed this initially I suggested to write a Format instead
> of introducing a new type (Serializer). Did that just make no sense to
> you?

I don't understand how this could be a format. Aren't formats for
rendering stuff that comes back from the server?

For introducing a new type makes sense. The default on would be the (to
be renamed MapFishFilterSerializer which is usable for most cases (I
expect most people to need a bbox to be serialized). The other one I can
think of atm is one for OpenSearch Geo (where I'm highly interested in)

Cheers,
  Volker