[OpenLayers-Dev] MOTION: donation button

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Thu May 12 16:37:11 EDT 2011

I've asked Tyler @OSGeo to set up a PayPal account for OpenLayers - as a
way for us to accept "micro-donations" to the project and OSGeo.  We
have a larger sponsorship program for people wishing to make more
substantial contributions (http://openlayers.org/sponsorship/).  I like
the idea of being able to accept smaller financial contributions from
those who are able to make them.

The MapGuide project has a similar setup (http://mapguide.osgeo.org/).
Their website includes a fairly unobtrusive "donate" button.  How would
people feel about having a button on our website for accepting
donations?  I think we'd have flexibility in the look - and wouldn't
necessarily have to go with the PayPal one.

I'm +1.

Tim

--
Tim Schaub