[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: [OpenLayers-Users] Dateline WMS & vector drawing issue

Roald de Wit list at rdewit.net
Sun May 22 22:55:05 EDT 2011

Hi Phil

Maybe we can set up a sandbox that can be the basis for patches that
could go into trunk?

At the Australian Bureau of Meteorology we deal with the same kind of
problems and a while ago I've come up with some hack-ish workarounds,
but I'd rather have some of us work together to get a solid solution.

Some of the problems that I'm facing (when visualising tropical cyclone
tracks) are:
- Wrapping date line without the use of tiles with WMS (same problem as
Till)
- Getting vectors working well across the date line (hack in use: lon +=
360 when lon < 0)
- Searching (WFS query) within a radius around a point around the date line

Regards, Roald