[OpenLayers-Dev] How to dynamically set maxExtent and restrictedExtent

Mark K. Zanfardino mzanfardino at gmail.com
Tue May 24 21:16:42 EDT 2011

What I'm trying to do:
I'm rending a map for an entire county. I have a simply html select
option of extents that I wish to use to set focus on the map. I need to
restrict the user from being able to zoom 'out' (pull back and see the
entire county) or slide 'away' (drag the map to another area) after an
option has been selected.

I currently initialize the map to the county view when the page loads
(see attached HTML). I have written a function which will zoom to a new
extent based on the selection of the option list (see attached
javascript). All this works fine, but I'm stuck with how I can restrict
the user from zooming 'out' or slipping 'away' from the focused extent.

I'm looking for any suggestions on what might be the best approach to
achieve my objective.

Thanks,

Mark Zanfardino