[OpenLayers-Dev] svn mirror

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Fri Nov 4 04:08:24 EDT 2011

On Thursday, November 3, 2011, Andreas Hocevar <ahocevar at opengeo.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to bring the svn repository up to date with the git one, but
this ended up as one big commit. Do we care? If so, I apologize. git
dcommit --dry-run did not output anything suspicious, so I went for the
real thing.

> Here is what I did:
>
> git clone git at github.com:openlayers/openlayers.git openlayers-git-svn
> cd openlayers-git-svn
> git svn init --trunk=trunk/openlayers http://svn.openlayers.org
> git checkout 8bcbb069b56c3a810a94c55224e726a13d3096a2
> git rebase --onto remotes/trunk --root master
> git fetch origin master
> git merge -Xtheirs FETCH_HEAD
> git svn dcommit --add-author-from --use-log-author --username
openlayersgit

> The "git checkout 8bcbb069b56c3a810a94c55224e726a13d3096a2" was supposed
to set git to the last commit in svn (r12414).

> The dcommit created a merge commit which I pushed to
https://github.com/ahocevar/openlayers/commit/ad44399a2210adf34e2e378a42b382ee2f0b8a34for
posterity. The last revision on master that *should* have ended up in
svn was 0bf1169c1695571660ccc6a1c41b781769d641eb

> Please let me know if you're unhappy with what I have done, and I'll try
to fix it. Otherwise I'll just leave it as is, and I volunteer to change
the cron job that updates the examples and docs on the OpenLayers website
to build directly from git instead of the svn mirror.

Thanks Andreas for taking a look at this. I actually don't see much value
in maintaining this mirror now. github has good SVN support, so people
using SVN only should still feel home. And modifying our
infrastructure-related scripts to use github svn instead of osgeo svn
should be straightforward.

Cheers,

--
Eric Lemoine