[OpenLayers-Dev] HTTP params capitalization

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 23 10:12:46 EST 2011

Hi

I need to pass a vendor-specific GetMap param, but OpenLayers
capitalizes parameter names, which makes the WMS server ignore this
specific param. I'm wondering why OpenLayers capitalizes parameter
names. That doesn't make sense to me. And we do that at a low level,
in Layer.HTTPRequest, which means that every class that extends
Layer.HTTPRequest is concerned. The OGC WMS and OWSCommon specs state
the following: "Parameter names shall not be case sensitive, but
parameter values shall be case sensitive.".

Should I make a patch for that?

Thanks for any response.

--
Eric Lemoine