[OpenLayers-Dev] Flag symbol on Map

vsambhe vsambhe at imgs.ie
Tue Oct 18 16:36:00 EDT 2011

Hi

I have a toolbar on the map. When clicked it activates the point placement
function i.e. an object of
OpenLayers.Geometry.Point is created. User can change the location of the
point by clicking on the map. When the user clicks a submit button, the
point is saved in the database by calling a web service. At present when the
point is given in the map I can see just a default circle. Instead I want to
see a Flag symbol in the map. If the user choses a different location then
the first flag vanishes and flag appears at the latest clicked location.
Should I create a marker and delete the previous marker?

Ideally I wanted was drag a flag symbol from the toolbar and place it on the
map and drag to move it on different location. But I thought this could be
little tricky.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Vijay