[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: How to append outputFormat: "OGR-KML" to wfs protocal url

Matt Priour mpriour at kestrelcomputer.com
Wed Oct 19 15:26:35 EDT 2011

If you mean "How do I get my protocol to parse a GetFeature request that
returned features in KML format", that is accomplished using the
'readFormat' parameter
add this to your protocol configuration:
readFormat: new OpenLayers.Format.KML()

if you need to specify that your WFS return features in KML format, then you
would also set the 'outputFormat' property on a 'params' config option. So
add this to your protocol as well

params:{ outputFormat: 'kml' /* or whatever the WFS Capabilities says to use
*/ }

ALSO
This message is best addressed to the users list
openlayers-users at lists.osgeo.org

The users list is for people developing projects or applications which use
the OpenLayers library. The dev list is for people who are developing,
extending, or patching the OpenLayers library itself.

-----
Matt Priour
Kestrel Computer Consulting