[OpenLayers-Dev] Make short taps/clicks distinguishable from taphold/clickhold events in Handler.Click

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Thu Oct 20 06:10:58 EDT 2011

Hi all,

we have currently the need to determine whether a captured click/tap on
an OpenLayers.Map was a short click/tap or was intended to be a "hold"
click/tap (One that lasted at the same location for a certain amount of
time).

I have working code in a sandbox [1] that shows what is intented
behaviour and also has a first rough implementation. My changes are the
following three changesets: [2], [3] & [4]. Here is an online example: [5]

How would you address this feature request? The code in the sandbox has
no new/adjusted tests yet.

I would love to hear whether this may be of need to the library as such,
in that case I would spend more time on finishing this task to create a
reviewable patch (e.g. tests, more documentation).

Best regards,
Marc

[1] http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/marcjansen/hold/ &
http://svn.openlayers.org/sandbox/marcjansen/hold/