[OpenLayers-Dev] Openlayers, GeoJSON and PopUp attributes

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 23:54:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

Leaflet has nice way of incorporating generic PopUp and GeoJSON in
displaying feature attributes as illustrated below. It works in mobile
as well as in desktop browser.

http://leaflet.cloudmade.com/examples/geojson-example.html

Openlayers got one, but not on desktop and other framework aside from
Jquery mobile and Secha Touch.

Openlayers + GeoJSON has PopUp attributes for GeoJSON as seen in
mobile-jq example.

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/mobile-jq.html#mappage

So as Sencha Touch.

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/mobile-sencha.html

However, if you click on Sprinters icon in non mobile devices, the
popup would not work since it only caters to the specific windowing
framework (jQuery-mobile and Sencha Touch). In other words, it is
dependent to windowing toolkit.

Although, I am interested in mobile device framework i.e. jQTouch, it
does not have a popup control/ (window) to micmic JQM and Sencha
Touch.

Is there any way to do the GeoJSON attributes PopUp in generic OL PopUp?

GeoJSON is easier to handle than any other vector data as demonstrate
here below.

http://leaflet.cloudmade.com/examples/layers-control.html

Hope OpenLayers would have friendliers way of handling GeoJSON
especially in viewing the it attributes using a generic Popup window.

Or anybody has implemented this already? Any link?

(Post this URL below, before I get this as a reply :-)

http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.11/examples/geojson.html )

Thanks.

Noli