[OpenLayers-Dev] MOTION: move to GitHub

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Sat Sep 17 17:20:29 EDT 2011

On Sep 17, 2011, at 12:54 PM, Schmidt Christopher (Nokia-S/Boston) wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2011, at 3:04 PM, ext christopher.schmidt at nokia.com wrote:
>

>> On Sep 16, 2011, at 2:48 PM, ext Tim Schaub wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to propose we move the trunk to GitHub.  If other agree, we
>>> could maintain a read-only svn mirror at the current URL.  And, the
>>> sandboxes could stay as they are.  The only consequence of this move
>>> would be that trunk committers use git instead of svn.
>>>
>>> I'm +1 on this change.
>>>
>>> Andreas is traveling, but he told me he was +1 on it as well.
>>
>> I'm +0. Do we have an idea of how we want to make the move? Do you anticipate
>> wanting to move tags, branches, etc. over as well? (My understanding when
>> I looked was taht this makes things... hard.)

Given the broad support for this from the core developers, and the code sprint
this weekend, I have gone ahead and implemented this change while I had the
time available.

As of now, the correct place to commit to OpenLayers is the OpenLayers github
at:

  https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers

All OpenLayers core committers have commit access.

Please continue to follow the same general policies -- close messages, trac
tickets where appropriate, etc. -- as before, but for source commits, commit
to OpenLayers.

(If for some reason someone feels strongly about this change and we need to
go backwards, we can do so.)

-- Chris