[OpenLayers-Dev] Problem with OpenLayers 2.11 Bing and Internet Explorer 8 and less

Sikhar Jyoti Saikia sikhar.jyotisaikia at pb.com
Thu Apr 5 03:29:44 EDT 2012

Hi

We have recently upgraded our product to use Open Layers 2.11; We use various Tiling server including Bing and are facing a very peculiar problem after upgrade. Whenever we use Bind Tile Server for base map and Use Open Layers Scale Bar in the map and run our product in Internet Explorer 8 or less we get some continuous calls to the tile server

GET http://ecn.t0.tiles.virtualearth.net/tiles/r031313131.jpeg?g=915&mkt={culture}&shading=hill
200 OK (image/jpeg)

It is interesting to note that the map also keeps on zooming in and out. But this is also not an consistent behavior and varies from machine to machine. The same application works all right in all other browsers.

We are using Windows XP as OS, Internet Explorer 8 and the product uses Open Layers and DOJO 1.4

Any pointers towards solving the problem will be greatly appreciated

Sikhar J Saikia, Lead Developer
Pitney Bowes Business Insight
5th Floor, Tower B, Logix Cyber Park | C-28/29, Sector-62, Noida 201309| INDIA|
O: +91.120.4026000 Ext 8239 | M: +91 9810637824 | www.pbinsight.com<http://www.pbinsight.com/>
sikhar.jyotisaikia at pb.com<mailto:steve.bickmore at pb.com>

Every connection is a new opportunity(tm)