[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: Why "firebugx.js" is in "OpenLayers.js" compressed code?

Xavier Mamano (jorix) xavier.mamano at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 05:56:52 EDT 2012

Hi Eric,

>See ...

Ok, "tests.cfg" has the advantage of showing the ability to
internationalize. IMHO would be desirable to remove Firebug also from
"tests.cfg"

NOTE: I think Firebug/firebug.js and Firebug/firebugx.js are obsolete, more
than four years without changes (other than add a semicolon and a closure)
And *Firebug/readme.txt* says "When this issue is resolved, Firebug Lite can
be used directly - no further modifications are needed for OpenLayers" so...

> I don't know why console.log does not work, it's a pity.

This is because "console.firebug" is undefined (on FF+Firebug, IE9 and
Chrome consoles) , therefore "firebugx.js" (it is exported after
"firebug.js") converts all functions of the console to void functions.

Regards,

Xavier

erilem wrote