[OpenLayers-Dev] Shapefiles, Again

Mohammed Rashad mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:40:42 EDT 2012

try lsiviewer

LSI viewer (Libre Spatial Information Viewer) was developed for users who
may not have access to a suite of GIS software tools but would like to just
view/display and print/export the data they have. LSIViewer is an Online
Spatial Map Viewer for your Local Data including Map Styling. Currently it
can be used as a Map Viewer for Shapefile (.shp) format data. Other data
formats are planned to be supported in later versions.

Source code is not released but if interested contact me or rajan at iiit.ac.in

http://lsi.iiit.ac.in/lsi/lsiviewer

http://vihang-lvs.garudaindia.in

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Bart van den Eijnden
<bartvde at opengeo.org>wrote:

> See:
>
> https://github.com/wavded/js-shapefile-to-geojson
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> --
> Bart van den Eijnden
> OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
>

> On Apr 10, 2012, at 6:06 PM, Arnie Shore wrote:
>
> I wonder if there's any recent dev't work underway re handling shapefiles
> in some manner. (Nothing promising showed up in my googling.)
>
> This wd presumably be through some JS library, and sans any geo-server
> participation.  I'm using
> .OSM("MyBase", my_Path + "${z}/${x}/${y}.png") for tile access in a fairly
> lightweight open source application, and I want to avoid a server
> requirement.
>
> A converter of some type would also work for me here, absent the above's
> availability.
>
> Thanks for any information, folks!

   Rashad