[OpenLayers-Dev] Google Maps API Terms of Use changes

Josh Livni joshlivni at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:26:06 EDT 2012

Hi there,

The new updates to the ToS are purely clarifications to address ambiguities
identified by developers in the previous wording.  The intended substance
of the clause in section 10.2 (specifically that 'You must not create or
offer a "wrapper" for the Service, unless you obtain Google's written
consent to do so'), has not changed.

This 'wrapping' clause is not a new addition to the terms, and before
making the change last year we proactively reached out to OpenLayers to
grant a specific waiver to this clause.

Cheers,

  -Josh