[OpenLayers-Dev] ship only with minimal build for 2.12

Tom MacWright tom at macwright.org
Wed Feb 22 11:11:26 EST 2012

Absolutely. If OpenLayers doesn't provide a jQuery-UI like build creator
(something that I tried to do with OpenLayerer, but that build-tool
refactoring was never accepted), then there should be a light build
distributed by default. The expectations of the user to run the Python
scripts are way too great for the use-case of just downloading and running
the thing, even if they seems simple for developers. Like, some guy making
an HTML website on a Windows machine would have to install Python from
scratch: it isn't going to happen.

Tom