[OpenLayers-Dev] ship only with minimal build for 2.12

Antoine Abt antoine.abt at camptocamp.com
Wed Feb 29 05:32:59 EST 2012

Le mardi 28 février 2012 à 08:08, Eric Lemoine a écrit :

> On Thursday, February 23, 2012, Andreas Hocevar wrote:
> > This starts to look like a plan. A lot of work ahead, so keep the pull
> > requests (to both docs and openlayers) coming.
> >
> > When the release contains different profiles, it is also not a big
> > deal if something is missing in a stripped down build, because people
> > can always switch to the full build if something is missing.
>

> So is the plan to ship two builds in the release archive, a full build and a light build? That sounds good to me. I wonder if we should also provide a mobile-specific build. And yes, we'll need to provide some text file in the release archive to describe what these builds are and provide, and how to create custom builds.

Just a matter of taste but I think we should promote the use of the light and the custom build.
I'd like to see:
 - «OpenLayers.js» as the light build,
 - «OpenLayers.FULL.js» as the complete build

And use in OL website the light «OpenLayers.js» whenever it’s possible.

PS: thanks Bart for bringing the discussion here.