[OpenLayers-Dev] website

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Thu Jan 5 12:55:04 EST 2012

Thanks for the heads up, Peter.

When we did the major shuffle moving deprecated methods into the
deprecated.js script, we lost our API doc menu structure.  I've just
pushed a commit that should fix this (next time the docs build).

https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/commit/0e6d971ad0300454f3389aed9e70d1342ece3b54

In terms of API versus dev docs, the API docs describe things we
promise will only change with a new major version.  The developer docs
include things that you should not be relying on for stability.  I
think we'd be better off if we stopped linking to these.

Tim

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:46 AM, Peter Robins
<openlayers at peterrobins.co.uk> wrote:
> One thing I've noticed, Tim, is that, if you follow the links for api
> and developer documentation on http://dev.openlayers.org/ (these seem
> to be much the same thing), it redirects to deprecated.js . Also, the
> deprecated code is listed on the left as 'Class'. I find this rather
> confusing, and think it would be better if it redirected to
> OpenLayers-js.html and showed deprecated.js as 'Deprecated'.
>

> On 24 November 2011 07:39, Tim Schaub <tschaub at opengeo.org> wrote:
>> Since the move to GitHub, we haven't been able to update the source
>> for the openlayers.org website.  To fix a number of broken links and
>> other erroneous or outdated information on the website, I've created a
>> Git repository for the source: https://github.com/openlayers/website
>>
>> I've updated the readme in the website repo and the
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/Infrastructure page to provide
>> some information on how the hosted site is updated.
>>
>> Let me know if you notice any new broken links, issues with
>> downloads/examples, etc.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> --
>> Tim Schaub
>> OpenGeo http://opengeo.org/
>> Expert service straight from the developers.

Tim Schaub
OpenGeo http://opengeo.org/