[OpenLayers-Dev] SelectFeature outFeature method

scottseeker scottseeker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 06:50:16 PDT 2012

Since I could not find the actual solution this problem and have fixed it my
own way I will post it incase it helps anyone else.

Version: Openlayers 2.11

In OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature, I changed the out outFeature method as
follows:

outFeature: function(feature) {
        if(this.hover) {
            if(this.highlightOnly)
            {
                // we do nothing if we're not the last highlighter of the
                // feature
                if(feature._lastHighlighter == this.id)
                {
                    // if another select control had highlighted the feature
before
                    // we did it ourself then we use that control to
highlight the
                    // feature as it was before we highlighted it, else we
just
                    // unhighlight it
                    if(feature._prevHighlighter &&
                       feature._prevHighlighter != this.id)
                    {
                        delete feature._lastHighlighter;
                        var control = this.map.getControl(
                            feature._prevHighlighter);
                        if(control) {
                            control.highlight(feature);
                            // THIS IS ADDED BY ME
                            this.events.triggerEvent("featureunhighlighted",
{feature : feature});
                        }
                    } else {
                        this.unhighlight(feature);
                    }
                } else {
                	// THIS IS ELSE BLOCK AND TRIGGER CALL ADDED BY ME
                	this.events.triggerEvent("featureunhighlighted", {feature :
feature});                	;
                }
            } else {
                this.unselect(feature);