[OpenLayers-Dev] Sprint Planning

Peter Robins openlayers at peterrobins.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 01:42:04 PDT 2012

On 27 April 2012 19:34, Tim Schaub <tschaub at opengeo.org> wrote:
> Based on conversations at FOSS4G-NA and elsewhere, we've decided to organize
> a development sprint in France the week of June 18.
>
> We welcome ideas on the design for the next major version of OpenLayers.  In

just realised this is next week :-)

fwiw, I set up a summary of the items discussed a couple of years ago
as issues in my fork of the previous v3 repo
https://github.com/probins/ol3-old/issues

I broadly agree with all the proposals but have added my own comments
(mainly pretty minor) to a couple of the issues, nos 3, 7 and 8. (The
initial comment on each is what was discussed before.)

As this all looks like a lot of work, it might be a good idea to have
transitional releases (2.99 series or whatever), which break bc but
introduce changes gradually - rather than trying to release the whole
lot all at once.

hth